Revised: February 9, 2018
The Addiction Resource Hub website from Facing Addiction with NCADD uses Capacitype mapping and data services (“services”), an initiative of Transforming Youth Recovery, for the provision of resource data and website features.
By submitting your information to us, you will receive an invitation to create a Capacitype account and agree to receive communication from organizations using Capacitype services. There are no fees associated with creating a Capacitype account.
Transforming Youth Recovery is a non-profit charitable organization that provides solutions for those impacted by the disease of addiction. Any reference to "we," "us," "our website," “this site,” or Capacitype are references to http://resources.facingaddiction.org and related landing pages owned, managed, or co-branded by Transforming Youth Recovery and all other web properties using Capacitype services now and in the future. Capacitype™ services are provided by Transforming Youth Recovery to facilitate access by institutions, organizations, communities, and individuals to a variety of prevention, treatment, and recovery support resources, services, and tools. The content in websites using Capacitype services is provided by Transforming Youth Recovery, authenticated users, and select content providers.
General use of Capacitype
As part of the registration process, you will provide a Member user name (in the form of a current email address) and select a unique password for your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login, password, and account information and for all activities that occur under your login or account.
Please be respectful of each other. We are not responsible for the acts of users on this site or the community but reserve the right to enforce standards of conduct at its sole discretion. Content, messages, or information may include material that some persons may find offensive, indecent, or objectionable. We are not responsible for any content, messages, or information, and does not guarantee the accuracy, veracity, integrity, or quality of information submitted for publication or otherwise made available on the website. We are not responsible for your reliance upon any content, messages, or information obtained on or through this site. We expressly disclaim any liability with regard to published resources and services and any actions resulting from your participation in or use of Capacitype service or resource. Persons who serve as Capacitype Forum Moderators may have views that do not necessarily reflect our views.
We do not guarantee the identity of any person on this site. Do not assume that people are who they say they are, know what they say they know, or are affiliated with whom they say they are affiliated. Always use caution when giving out any personal information.
Nothing submitted for publication on or transmitted through this site shall be considered confidential. It is your responsibility to protect your personal information, including any health or financial information. If you do not want your personal information to be published, you should not disclose it on this site. You may not disclose the personal information, including any health or financial information, of third parties without their knowledge and consent.
Your data rights and responsibilities
You are solely responsible for your conduct while using this site, the content of your Data, and all communications with others while using Capacitype. Capacitype provides features that allow you to edit, share, modify, and delete your Data and make it Public Content. Data is deemed “Public Content” upon publication. It is your responsibility to determine what information you allow to be shared or made public.
We are not responsible for and have no obligation to monitor any information on Capacitype. You release us from any and all liability arising from any and all use or submission of, or access to, Public Content. We may, in our discretion, review Public Content for compliance with our policies and guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove, modify, or disable any Public Content, which may include your Data, at any time and for any reason. We are not responsible for the accuracy, appropriateness, or legality of your Data or any other information you may be able to access using Capacitype.
Submissions of data for public content
- To the best of your knowledge and belief, your actions on this site, including the submission of any Data, do not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, rights in copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, privacy, personality, or other proprietary rights.
- If you are the author of Data that you submit to Capacitype, that your rights to such Data have not been assigned or vested in any third party by contract, operation of law, or otherwise, and you have the right to grant the rights and licenses contained herein.
- If you are not the author of Data that you submit, you have secured all necessary rights and licenses from the owner(s) to make the submission and grant the rights and licenses contained herein.
- You have not included, and to the best of your knowledge and belief after reasonable inquiry, your Data does not contain, any viruses, Trojan horse, worm, spyware, adware, or other harmful or malicious code.
- You will give notice of prior publication and provide the consent of all copyright and other rights holders to the Data you submit that is to be made Public Content.
We may publish your name and/or user name in connection with your Data, and you grant us the rights necessary to do so, including any rights of publicity. If you ask, invite, or require end users to contact you for any reason in connection with your resource or service, we may publish your contact information.
Submissions of ideas and suggestions
To avoid confusion or misunderstandings, we do not accept or consider unsolicited or new ideas and suggestions as to improvements to the application, marketing, advertising, promotions, new feature and service offerings, feature and service names and marks, collectively referred to as “Submissions of Ideas.” You should not send any original creative artwork, samples, demos, or other works to us for any such purposes.
The term “Suggestion” refers to feedback on an application or content appearing within the application and is revised by a site administrator for appropriate action. You may provide a Suggestion to us in relation to the operation of the site. Such Suggestion will not be considered your proprietary information and we receive them without any obligation of confidence whatsoever. You grant us, our affiliated companies, and sub-licensees a worldwide, non-terminable, royalty-free, fully assignable and transferable right and license in perpetuity to use and apply your Suggestion for any purpose we consider appropriate in our sole discretion. We have no obligation to use or compensate you for your Suggestion. By providing any Suggestion, you confirm that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Suggestion including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input, or submit, or for us to use your Suggestion. If you identify problems with the usability, operability, or interoperability of Capacitype, you may deliver or suggest amendments or bug fixes for our consideration via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall have the absolute right, in our sole discretion, to incorporate all such amendments or "bug fixes" into features and services we provide for all purposes, without any payment or other compensation to you. All right, title, and interest to any submitted amendments or "bug fixes," whether accepted or not, shall transfer to us at no cost to us, as a royalty free right granted in perpetuity.
Capacitype features may include e-mail services, forums, comments, groups, profile pages, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (collectively, “Communication Services”). You will use such Communication Services only to post, send, and receive appropriate messages and material. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you will not:
- Use Communication Services in connection with surveys, contests, promotions, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming, or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links in Capacitype with respect to any raffle, contest, or game requiring a fee by participants;
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, upload, distribute, or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic, name, material, or information;
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links that exploit or harm minors in any way, or make any sexual request of or on behalf of a minor;
- Use, download, or otherwise copy, or make available (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity, any directory of Capacitype users or other user or usage information;
- Upload, download, use, or otherwise copy, or make available (whether or not for a fee) any file(s) that contain(s) text, images, photographs, software, or other material protected by trade secret, or any intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark or service mark or patent laws, or by rights of privacy or publicity, unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same;
- Modify, publish, transmit, settle, transfer or sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, link, display, or in any way exploit the Capacitype resource database other than for the limited purposes for which material is licensed for your use;
- Use or exploit any part of the website or any software deployed in connection with the website as, or as the content of, a service offered or supplied to other persons or entities without our prior, written consent. For example, you will not create a site or maintain a site that links to Capacitype for the purpose of using, indexing, reformatting, or searching and retrieving material from the Capacitype resource database for the benefit of users of your site, without our knowledge and express consent;
- Decompile, disassemble, modify, translate, adapt, reverse engineer, create derivative works from, or sublicense any software deployed in connection with the site's delivery and operation;
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any content that facilitates hacking or that promotes or facilitates any illegal activity;
- Upload files that contain viruses, worms, trojan horses, time bombs, trap doors, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs or malicious code that may damage the operation of another's computer or the property of another or are intended to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of Capacitype;
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, agents, or the like to download data from the resource database of Capacitype, or from the website itself (for example, site or page scraping is prohibited);
- Exploit known or unknown weaknesses of the scripts or servers to disrupt or alter Capacitype’s operation;
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose unless Capacitype specifically allows such messages;
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software, or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying Capacitype;
- Violate any code of conduct or guideline which may be applicable to any specific service;
- Harvest or otherwise collect or store information about others;
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations;
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others, or impersonate any person, including an employee, contractor, Capacitype Moderator, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Employ misleading email addresses or falsify information in any part of any communication, including emails, transmitted through Capacitype; or
We reserve the right to do any or all of the following, in our sole discretion and in accordance with applicable law:
- Monitor and record any communication submitted through Capacitype.
- Delete, move, or edit communications that are determined, in our sole discretion, to be abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of copyright, patent, or trademark laws, otherwise illegal, disruptive, or otherwise unacceptable for any reason.
- Edit or delete any communication posted on Capacitype for any reason.
Disclaimer of warranties
Capacitype may be temporarily unavailable for scheduled maintenance or for unscheduled emergency maintenance, or because of other causes beyond our reasonable control. We will use reasonable efforts to, but are not obligated to, provide advance notice of any material scheduled service disruption. We will take steps to ensure that information provided to our third party partners through this site is transmitted using reasonable security measures, including encryption as required by law. If you choose to use encrypted gateways to connect to the site, be aware that your Data may be transmitted or handled in an unencrypted manner. Accordingly, you are solely responsible for ensuring the adequate security, protection, and backup of your Data. We are not liable and disclaim any responsibility for any unauthorized access to, or use, corruption, deletion, destruction or loss of any of your Data.
Limitation of liability
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages and some of the above limitations may not apply to you. In these jurisdictions, our liability will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
Survivability and validity
Notice and procedure for making claims of copyright or infringement
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Governing law, choice of forum and agreement to arbitrate
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Nevada, without regard to principles of conflicts of law. Unless a dispute would be governed by an applicable arbitration clause, any action regarding the same or the use of this site and the services we provide shall be initiated and maintained in a forum of competent jurisdiction in Reno, Washoe County, Nevada, United States of America, and you submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
Capacitype, Transforming Youth Recovery
c/o The Stacie Mathewson Foundation
P.O. Box 5011
Reno, NV 89513
TEL: (775) 360-5672